Melissa: "Tyler, do you remember what the pilgrims and indians ate?"
Tyler: "Turkey, potatoes, corn, and pumpkin pie."
Kaiden: "PUMPKIN PIE!!!!"
Zuke: "That's right. And right there on your plate, do you know what that is?"
. . . dead silence . . .
Zuke: "That's turkey."
Kaiden: " . . . this is turkey?"
Melissa: "Yup!"
Tyler: "Huh. THIS is turkey. Huh."
Heaven knows what they THOUGHT it was before we told them. :-)
They were both troopers and ate everything on their plate! We all had some pie, and played games afterwards. Tyler and Kaiden went downstairs for a time and enjoyed pulling out every single toy in grandma and grandpa's basement, as well as watching a few movies in their collection.
By the time we got home, they were wiped out. Kaiden actually managed to fall asleep in my arms as I carried him to their room, only to drop his head right onto my collarbone and wake up again. Tyler had this sort of zombie-esque look on his face, and I can't be sure anything I said registered with him. I sort of motioned towards his bed, and he kind of motioned he was in favor of it, and that was about all the communication he was capable of at the time.
I hope everyone had a happy and safe Thanksgiving. Enjoy the leftovers, and try and stay in the home during tomorrow's madness!
No comments:
Post a Comment