Sunday, November 23, 2008

All I want for Christmas is . . .

It's become sort of an unspoken joke between Melissa and I: don't get me a gift that doesn't do anything. I have the unfortunate mindset that a gift you can't use is a useless gift. Sounds redundant, I know, but I'm a tad neurotic about it.

As Mel can attest, it makes shopping for me very difficult.

  • Don't get Zuke anything computer related: you don't know exactly what he wants, and he could probably find it at a better price anyway.
  • Don't get Zuke anything in the kitchen: I have very specific rules for pots, pans, woks, knives, cutting boards, etc.
  • Don't get Zuke any electronics: there are features you didn't know a TV had that happen to be exactly what I'm looking for!
  • Don't get Zuke furniture: I don't like most fabric, designs, or chair shapes. Not kidding.
Probably the only thing that is a sure bet, is clothing. While I sure have an opinion about that, I've been told (repeatedly) my opinion is wrong. I'm ok with that, though, since Mel has a great sense of fashion and makes me look better with every shirt she gets me!

3 comments:

zohner said...

Isn't it sad that we have to be dressed by our wives?

Debi said...

So if I get Robert anything electronic, he writes down exactly what model and the description and where I should purchase it for the best price! Takes away the surprise, but then he's happy with what he has.

Casee said...

This is hilarious! I think Matt probably thinks the same things (the don't do's), but he doesn't tell me, so I probably always get him the wrong thing. At least she can narrow down what to get for you, and that is always a bonus!