
I am currently sitting in my new office!
Today was my orientation at my new job. I am their new Quality Control Specialist, and am slowly getting my footing around this new environment. This is my first job in 7 years that does not directly relate to computer support, and it's a little odd for me.
In fact, in my interview they flat out told me they didn't understand (nor care) what most my certifications were and that I wouldn't be using any of them here. Instead, they were more interested in my organization and standardization abilities (ISO 9001 and Six Sigma finally paid off).
I can't really go into a whole lot about my job (in fact I was told in training today that I must take great pains to be vague when describing my job to others) but suffice to say, Mel and I are thrilled that I have it. From everything I've seen and read about this place, it looks like I could be here a very long time and love it!
While this isn't an awards speech, I'd still like to publicly thank everyone who helped us out during this tough time. I never, ever thought I could be without a job for so long (I've been working non-stop since I was 16), but we were able to pull through; in thanks to no small part to help from family and friends. Even this job was thanks to a referral from a friend! Without income we'd be broke, but we'd be even poorer without the people in our lives that are there for us.
2 comments:
Zuke, congratulations! Matt and I are thrilled for you and Melissa, and I love the last line of this post. I feel that way about the people in my life too. I hope the new job is very good to you!
Yay!
Post a Comment