Tyler started taking piano lessons earlier this fall, and he has done extremely well! He's such a good memorizer, so he's learning really quickly. He had his Christmas piano recital on the night of the 17th. He had been practicing so hard, and did a perfect job! He played a duet of "Good King Wenceslas" with me, and then played "We Three Kings" & "Jolly Old St. Nicholas". We are so proud of how well he's doing!
After his recital with his teacher, Carolyn LaTurner
Since Tyler turned 8 in October, he also started attending Cub Scouts. He loves it! They meet once a week, and he absolutely loves going to his den meetings. For December, one of their projects was to make a gingerbread house. Tyler had never made one before, so I helped him out a bit. The placement of all of the candy was totally his idea, and I think it turned out awesome!
1 comment:
What a cute kid! I love that he is learning to play the piano. Does he like it, or is like pulling teeth to get him to practice, etc...? I really want to get my kids in lessons of some type when they are old enough, I just hope they aren't as butt-headed as I was about practicing and going to piano each week.
Post a Comment