Monday, March 23, 2009

BUGS!!


This last weekend seemed to be all about bugs. Well, for Tyler and Kaiden, at least. It was such a nice day on Friday, that I set them loose in the backyard for a while. When I went to check on them, Tyler was carrying around a spoon that he'd found, and Kaiden had a really big stick. I asked them what they were doing, and this is the conversation that followed:

Me: What are you guys doing?
Kaiden: We're saving the ladybugs.
Me: Saving the ladybugs from what?
Kaiden: From the bad bugs.
Me: The bad bugs?
Tyler: Yeah. We're saving the ladybugs and the butterflies cuz they're good bugs.
Me: I see...
Tyler: (Holding up his spoon menacingly) We're going to DIE the bad bugs! I'm going to DIE them with my spoon.
Kaiden: Yeah! And I have a big stick!

To keep from laughing at them, I just shut the door and left them to their bug business. A little while later, we were sitting at the table eating lunch. I glanced over at Tyler, and he was staring off into space, resting his head on his fist. I asked him what he was thinking....

Tyler: (BIG sigh) I just can't stop thinking about bugs.
Kaiden: (Mimicking Tyler) Yeah.........bugs.

The next day, Zuke was buckling both of them into the car so that we could take them back to their respective parents' homes. As he was buckling Kaiden in, Kaiden mentioned that they couldn't find this collector's card with a ladybug on it that he'd had. Zuke walked around to buckle Tyler in, and.....

Zuke: Hmm....Tyler, maybe the bad bugs took the picture.
Tyler: (Looks at Zuke like he knows ABSOLUTELY NOTHING) Zuke, they're BUGS. Not Decepticons.

Tyler and Kaiden then went into a whole conversation about how all of the "good bugs" are Autobots (i.e., ladybugs, butterflies, caterpillars), and how all of the bad bugs (i.e., all of the black ones) are Decepticons. Who am I to argue?

2 comments:

Casee said...

It is true that ladybugs and butterflies are good bugs. And I love the conversations that ensued. What adorable children you are raising!

Andrea said...

Ah boys.....My boys are into 'Rocky'. I always hear Wyatt having a match between his Luke Skywalker and Indiana Jones action figures. 'One, two, three.....winner by knock-out...Indiana Jones!'