After bowling, we went to "The Pancake House", aka, IHOP. For some reason, it is Tyler and Kaiden's favorite place to go. We all got breakfast for dinner, and I think the boys ate more in that sitting than I've seen them eat the entire past week! They also had unlimited chocolate milk....who doesn't love that? We got home and got the kids in bed around 10:00, and Zuke and I settled in bed to watch a movie. Guess who fell asleep 20 minutes later? Yup. Me. I'm apparently getting old. Luckily, Zuke stayed up to finish the movie, and woke me up at midnight to give me my New Year's kiss. So sweet! We had a great time just hanging out as a family that night. A great way to end one year and welcome in the next! Happy New Year!
Friday, January 2, 2009
New Year's Eve
People have been telling me that we were "so boring" because we didn't throw or attend any parties on New Year's Eve, and were in bed by 10:30....I couldn't disagree more! We had decided beforehand that going to a party with a 5-year old, 3-year old, and 8-month old, and making it until midnight with our sanity, would be next to impossible. So instead, we had our own kind of party. After Zuke got off of work, we packed up the kids and headed up to Jack & Jill Lanes in American Fork to go bowling. Aside from a couple of smashed fingers, we all had a ball! (No pun intended!) The boys did insanely well, and Tyler even beat my score! (I still claim it was because he got to use bumpers and I didn't. LOL) We all had a great time bowling, and Addison made a marvelous cheering section!
After bowling, we went to "The Pancake House", aka, IHOP. For some reason, it is Tyler and Kaiden's favorite place to go. We all got breakfast for dinner, and I think the boys ate more in that sitting than I've seen them eat the entire past week! They also had unlimited chocolate milk....who doesn't love that? We got home and got the kids in bed around 10:00, and Zuke and I settled in bed to watch a movie. Guess who fell asleep 20 minutes later? Yup. Me. I'm apparently getting old. Luckily, Zuke stayed up to finish the movie, and woke me up at midnight to give me my New Year's kiss. So sweet! We had a great time just hanging out as a family that night. A great way to end one year and welcome in the next! Happy New Year!





After bowling, we went to "The Pancake House", aka, IHOP. For some reason, it is Tyler and Kaiden's favorite place to go. We all got breakfast for dinner, and I think the boys ate more in that sitting than I've seen them eat the entire past week! They also had unlimited chocolate milk....who doesn't love that? We got home and got the kids in bed around 10:00, and Zuke and I settled in bed to watch a movie. Guess who fell asleep 20 minutes later? Yup. Me. I'm apparently getting old. Luckily, Zuke stayed up to finish the movie, and woke me up at midnight to give me my New Year's kiss. So sweet! We had a great time just hanging out as a family that night. A great way to end one year and welcome in the next! Happy New Year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Personally I think New Year's Eve is highly overrated. My favorite New Year's Eve evenings have been the low-key ones with a few close friends. Like the ones we had when we were kids, I still remember those nights very vividly, we had so much fun!
I think NYE is overrated too. It's fun to do something special for it, but it doesn't have to be a big party. I like your way best!
Post a Comment