*I don't remember where or when I first sang this song, but it's one of my favorites. It's one that my mom, my sister and I gather around the piano to sing every year.*
WERE YOU THERE ON THAT CHRISTMAS NIGHT?
Were you there, were you there
On that Christmas night,
When the world was filled
With a holy light?
Were you there to behold
When the wonder foretold
Came to earth?
Did you see, did you see
How they hailed Him king
With the gifts so rare
That they chose to bring?
Did you see how they bowed
As they praised Him aloud
At His birth?
Did you hear how the choirs
Of angels sang
At the glory of the sight?
Did you hear how the bells
Of heaven rang
All through the night?
Did you know, did you know
It was God's own son,
The salvation of
The world begun?
Did you know it was love
That was sent from above?
Did you know it was love
That was sent from above to the earth?
*To listen to this song, copy and paste the following link, and then click on the "Listen" link.
http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/pages.html?cart=343793703820690535&target=smp_detail.html%26sku%3DHP.CF213&s=pages-http%253A//www.google.com/search%253Fq%253Dwere%252Byou%252Bthere%252Bon%252Bthat%252Bchristmas%252Bnight%2526ie%253Dutf-8%2526oe%253Dutf-8%2526aq%253Dt%2526rls%253Dorg.mozilla%253Aen-US%253Aofficial%2526client%253Dfirefox-a&e=/sheetmusic/detail/HP.CF213.html&t=&k=&r=wwws-err5#
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It is a beautiful song. And I love that you, your Mom and Whitney gather around to sing it together! Can I be there this Christmas?
Post a Comment