We had both been a little worried about how the boys would do walking around all day in the immense heat, but we ended up having nothing to worry about. Lagoon has added quite a few more kid-friendly rides since I was last there, and they are rides that parents can actually go on with their kids. They have miniature versions of The Rocket, The Tidal Wave, and The Turn of the Century. The boys had an absolute blast! We rode a bunch of the kiddie rides for a while, then ventured out to Rattlesnake Rapids because it was getting so hot.
As a side note...anytime I go to Lagoon, I either rent or take a wheelchair with me. Walking around the park all day is murder on my hips, knees, ankles and back. Anyway, doing so also allows me to the front of every line, and the chance to ride the ride twice in a row.
So, we get down to Rattlesnake Rapids, and by now the temperature is close to 100 degrees, so we tell the attendant that we'd like to ride twice. By the end of the second time around, we were all soaked to the bone. We were planning to get off, but the attendant neglected to send our raft over to the wheelchair dock....so off we were on the third round! Tyler absolutely loved that ride! He was screaming and giggling like crazy, and loved getting wet. We may as well have jumped in the lake with how wet we were after 3 times down the river.
We decided that lunch would be a good refresher after that...not to mention a nice time to dry off. After lunch, we went on the Terroride, which was much scarier for the kids than I remembered, and the carousel. My friend then offered to take the kids on the train and a few more kiddie rides so Zuke and I could go check out a couple roller coasters. We got to ride in the front car of the White Roller Coaster (twice, again), which was such a blast. Then, we decided to try the new roller coaster, Wicked. We opted before the ride ever started to ride twice......BAD IDEA!! I have honestly never been so freaked out by a roller coaster in my life! It was such a rush, but both Zuke and I felt like we were about to lose our lunch when we were done.
We went back to find the kids, watched them ride a couple more rides, then went to the other end of the park to ride the Hydro Luge. I realize that it's just a waterslide that you ride rafts down, but I have always loved it! I was a little worried with how the boys would do, but the second we were done, Tyler was asking if we could do it again. Unfortunately, by then it was time to go home. We were all completely exhausted, but I definitely look forward to the next time we can take them there again! Thanks again to my wonderful friend who provided us with this amazing day!
1 comment:
Sounds like fun!
Post a Comment