I was really hopeful this time, since Alexis had actually gotten to take a nap that afternoon. I got her all dressed, and she looked absolutely adorable! We got to the senior citizen's center, and had to wait in line for about 15 minutes just to get in the door. It was chaotic in there, and amazingly hot! We visited the "Novelty Category" judges first, and Alexis was shy and wouldn't let me put her down. Then we headed over to the age category. By this time, she wanted nothing at all to do with her costume accessories, so I just popped a headband on her head. She was a little more friendly with this judge, but still wouldn't let me put her down.
Alexis had about had it by this time, and I was dying of heat, but we still had to go and wait to get her picture taken. We waited in that line for about 20 minutes, which was about 19 minutes too long for Alexis! By the time we got up to the photographer, she was sobbing with big crocodile tears running down her cheeks. Luckily, the photographer was awesome and managed to get such a sweet picture!
Alexis didn't win anything, but honestly, I'm happy just for the picture! I don't think we'll be doing any more baby contests in the future, but it was fun getting all prepared for it with Amanda and Lila!

1 comment:
She's so cute. My Sister In Law was one of the judges for the salem days baby contest. I did not enter Todd because the judging was right in the middle of his nap and I knew it would have been terrible. Her picture is precious.
Post a Comment